For Millennials on Your List
- Urban boots, skinny jeans, anything 1920s drifters wore (Note to Boomers, nothing that matches)
- A lab beaker for pour-over coffee
- Kombucha (you drink it)
- For Hipsters with indie tastes, anything artisan and esoteric. Goat soap wrapped in burlap is aways a hit.
- Unpaid internship (just kidding)
- Money to pay off college debt (not kidding at all)
Gen X Wish List
- Personal drone to track the kids
- Invitation to play Farmville (just kidding)
- More time (Xers are the most time-strapped gen.)
- Money to help their kids pay for college when they get there (see Millennials)
Best Bets for Boomers
- Not more stuff! Do Booms a favor and take some furniture home with you instead.
- Say "You're welcome" rather than "No problem" (It's like magic. They'll put you in the will.)
- Millennials living at home, don't leave. Seriously, stay and help pay off the mortgage.
And to all a good night!
Amy Lynch, Harness the Power of Generational Intelligence | @AmyLynchGenEdge
Let's Talk: 615-944-6140
Generations expert Amy Lynch has researched the generations for 15 years. She has spoken to 100s of groups from MTV and Comcast to Boeing, J&J and the staff of the U.S. Senate. Amy has been quoted in national publications, including The Washington Post, USA Today, Boston Globe, Huffington Post, Chicago Tribune and NBC Evening News, among others.